Ever wondered which online real estate listings site has the most visitors, what their key demographics are and what differentiates them from the rest? Well, we’ve prepared this brief guide to give you all the facts you need, in just a couple of minutes.
- Rightmove: 53.8 million per month
- Zoopla: 25.6 million per month
- OnTheMarket: 4.1 million per month
As you can see, Rightmove dominates the market by a great margin. But there are key differences that make the other sites worth checking out.
- Rightmove: Far more listings, better awareness among the public, used by 90% of estate agents
- Zoopla: Smart features such as prices property sold for in the same area, recently acquired Property Software Group and USwitch, so may grow fast
- OnTheMarket: A disrupter with lower costs to list, but also restricts estate agents to their portal alone
So Rightmove looks like it is here to stay, but both Zoopla and OnTheMarket look set to attempt to overtake its number one spot. This will depend on whether Zoopla’s acquisitions turn good, and if OnTheMarket doesn’t scare buyers away with their restrictions.
Are you a realtor? Where do you list your property? Let us know on Twitter @elevationcomms.